Monday, November 7, 2011

Vote the Dead Sea


My faithful readers are aware of my escapist tendency and my avoidance of any political or actuality issues, but I'm joining the campaign for The Dead Sea. Just last week I spent half a day in the area which is one of my favorite in the whole world. I thought I'll be alone in the desert, enjoying the beauty and serenity of the Ein-Gedi oasis. Well, 5000 people thought the same. But it didn't matter. I still enjoyed myself and took many pictures. All the school kids that saw me wondering around with the Nikon on my neck were so impressed that it was worth the hassle.


I won't bother with you with all the dry facts about the Dead Sea, I will only say it is a wonder of nature that is horribly abused by Mankind. Perhaps it's winning in the official status will help repair and restore this place to what it ought to be.
So, please add your votes in the following link and add The Dead Sea to the list of 7 Wonders of Nature.



View of the Dead Sea from the Ein-Gedi oasis.


Hotels area on the artificial ponds in the southern part of the Dead Sea


Ibex, I always meet them traveling to the desert.
Ein-Gedi oasis, sweet water running in the desert on the shores of The Dead Sea
The vote will close very soon, on Friday the 11.11.2011 but according to recent updates The Dead Sea is among the finalists. Keep up the good work. 

2 comments:

  1. So happy you joined the campaign. It is a natural wonder so many facts to share about it. Your comment at the end so sad but so true. I am hopeful though they did get rid of fish farms in the Red Sea so maybe there is yet hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I just added my vote to Dead Sea.

    ReplyDelete